[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/cameragui

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Mar 28 09:24:45 BST 2006

Hi Gilles,

> digikam from trunk : Camera GUI : moving 'Advanced settings to the right
> side bar. removed left sidebar to optimized thumb area.
>
> 'Advanced Settings' tab is behing 'Properties' and 'Metadata' tabs for
> technical reasons. Actually, SideBar can only add a new tab to the bottom
> of tabs list. The current implementation is simple. Moving 'Advanced
> Settings' tab to the top requires sustentials changes in source codes.
> Please test the current implementation and give me a feedback.
>
> CCMAIL: digikam-devel at kde.org
>
>  M  +11 -19    cameraui.cpp
>  M  +16 -12    renamecustomizer.cpp

Wow that was fast. Will try it immediately and take some screens for
comparison. I guess it's not THAT important whether the tab is the first or
the last one so it is OK for me you did it the easier way ;-)

I missed one thing to mention in my "review": I am not sure whether "advanced
settings" is a good name for the tab. I was a little confused by that name
cause one automatically looks for the "standard settings" tab the "advanced"
might refer to. Well, and we both know such a tab doens't exist. It is not
clear in my opinion that the three buttons on the bottom are refered to
as "standard settings" and the tab provides "advanced settings".

I hope one can understand my thoughts about the name of the "advanced
settings". I vote for renaming it to a term that realy refers to what the
tab "does" (advanced settings for what? metadata? view? download?). Something
like "download settings/transfer settings/filename settings" would be more
clear I'd think. (Everybody please make better recommendations if you have an
idea).