[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikamimageplugins/noisereduction

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Fri Mar 24 09:11:49 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 16:16, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> SVN commit 518579 by cgilles:
>
> digikam from trunk : New powerfull Noise Reduction tool based on
> experimental dcamnoise2 gimp plugin algorithm. You can forget the old
> implementation based on despeckle algorithm.
>
> This plugin support 16 bits image. I have fixed a lot of problems from the
> original implementation. The plugin have been tested indeep into valgrind
> to prevent memory leak. The setting limits have been adjusted to prevent
> crash in any case (for example divide by zero).
>
> TODO :
>
> - We have the capabilty to apply a noise curve correction to the image. A
> new curve widget need to be created for that (for the future, not 0.9.0
> release). - Add save/load settings to a text file.
> - Polish settings area (to group by action/type)
> - Add settings description using QWhatsThis
>
> CCMAIL: digikam-devel at kde.org
>
>  M  +229 -96   imageeffect_noisereduction.cpp
>  M  +12 -11    imageeffect_noisereduction.h
>  M  +663 -359  noisereduction.cpp
>  M  +47 -14    noisereduction.h
>

> _______________________________________
Hello Gilles,
I've tested the new plugin for some time now, and I think it is really good,
and certainly better than the old algo. I've not been able to study the
various parameters and to identify a best default setting. This is a tedious
task with so many parameters at hand (for example, after using Refocus
routinely, I have found my optimum default values only now after one year
(which I might suggest for svn, by the way)).
On the other hand I was able to achieve the same quality with the Restoration
plugin, except that it need much more computing time.

Gerhard