[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/imageplugins

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Thu Mar 23 08:45:58 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 11:30, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> SVN commit 520551 by cgilles:
>
> digikam from trunk : Improvement of Black and White convertion tool
> following tips from Pro-Photographer Daniel Bauer
> <http://www.daniel-bauer.com> :
>
> - Added tab widget for settings.
> - Added curves widget to adjust image luminosity.
> - Added contrast adjustment slider.
> - Added over exposure indicator.
>
> A screenshot :
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/NewBlackAndWhiteConverter.png
>
> CCMAIL: digikam-devel at kde.org, linux at daniel-bauer.com
>
>  M  +1 -0      Makefile.am
>  M  +121 -14   imageeffect_bwsepia.cpp
>  M  +22 -1     imageeffect_bwsepia.h

Hi Gilles,
here are my comments on the b&w conversion tool:

I find it much clearer now, as one can see all available options at once
without scrolling through the combobox. Also the contrast tool comes in
really handy when working with b&w.

For convenience of operation, I would like to be able to scroll through the
options with the keyboard arrows as it was a case with the combobox.

I'm not sure that the split window between color and b&w is of much use,
because one usually does not compare these two modes, but it could be useful
for another comparison:

I think there are actually two groups of options, the filter/mixer options
(neutral...yellow) and the tonal options (sepia...platinum). The second group
should be able to be applied on top of the first group. So, my idea would be
to separate the two groups, make it possible to combine the two groups, (e.g.
Yellow Filter with Platinum tone) and maybe to use the comparison split to
show the effect of the second group.

Thank you very much for your great work Gilles.

Gerhard