[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikamimageplugins/superimpose

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 21 06:16:00 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 11:14 pm, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> SVN commit 520824 by mwiesweg:
>
> digikam from trunk:
> Port "Superimpose" plugin to DImg
>
> - use our own DImg blending support,
>   do not rely on X11 (XRender) pixmaps for alpha blending

Marcel, the same way need to be done into InsertText plugin. I have used the
same technic (QPixmap) to merge text and target image. This way is wrong with
16 bits images...

Nothing is done into InsertText plugin in my computer. I have works to improve
B&W converter this week end following tips of Daniel Bauer (Pro-photograph
using digikam <http://www.daniel-bauer.com>).

You can fix InsertText plugin like you want.

>   - use DImg::bitBlendImage
>   - supports 16 bit
>   - is faster
> - add an extra class to compute effect
> - remove pixmap code from widget, adapt to new class

is B.K.O file #103695 or #103696 can be closed ?