[Digikam-devel] Compile problems png library

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Mar 20 10:51:32 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 07:20 am, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> Hi Gilles and Aschwin,
> I'm still struggling with the png lib. In the png-mng-implementation ML I
> found a discussion string about how Debian goes about the png
> implementation. But having analyzed a bit the differences between Debian
> source and sourceforge.net I don't think it's the Debian implementation. It
> seems to me (with my restricted understanding of things) that the missing
> functions are private now:
>         png_read_data
>         png_crc_finish
>         png_get_uint_32
>         png_reset_crc
>         png_crc_read
>         png_read_transform_info
>         png_write_data
>
>  They are not exported into the symfile anymore. I don't know when this
> change happened, but somewhere along 1.2.8 version.

libPNG team are crazy. Are you sure of that. Have you any links about ?

> Gilles, what version exactly do you have on your Mandriva? I have
> 1.2.8-rel5

Under Mandriva 2006, i have this package :

[root at pc-caulier gilles]# urpmf libpng --name
libpng3:libpng3-1.2.8-1mdk.i586.rpm
libpng3-devel:libpng3-devel-1.2.8-1mdk.i586.rpm
libpng3-static-devel:libpng3-static-devel-1.2.8-1mdk.i586.rpm
libpng3:libpng3-1.2.8-1mdk.i586.rpm
libpng3-devel:libpng3-devel-1.2.8-1mdk.i586.rpm
libpng3-static-devel:libpng3-static-devel-1.2.8-1mdk.i586.rpm
[root at pc-caulier gilles]#