[Digikam-devel] image plugin settings sidebar...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Mar 20 07:10:50 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 March 2006 08:04 pm, Maxime Delorme wrote:
> Is this improvement a step in direction of having less modal dialog and
> incorporate directly digikam image plugins into IE.
> Right bar for metadata, Colors, Comments and tag
> Left bar for plugins settings ?
>
> Maxime

No maxime, plugins always use extra dialogs to run.

I know what you mean. image editor from M$ Office run like this for example.
This request have been already reported in this room in the past.

If digikam users want all image plugins embeded into image editor window, i
need to make substantial changes/tests/fix in digikam image editor core and
DigikamImagePlugins. This is out of 0.9.0 release issue but can be done
later.

In all cases, i need to have a full feedback from others digiKam users before
to start this implementation (it's not a simple job). For that please make a
file in B.K.O with full descriptions and screenshots if necessary. Thanks in
advance.