[Digikam-devel] [Digikam-users] New image editor noise reduction plugin...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 14 15:24:25 GMT 2006

The code is in svn now. The plugin support 16 bits images !!! I have polished
the implementation and tested indeep to prevent crash and memory leak.

I have found a big problem in the original implementation from "dcamnoise2"
tool : the blured image created before to applying the NR filter is broken.
This is very difficult to see it without zooming in the target image,
especially in 8bits. To 16 bits this weird effect is very increased ! But
this is not a problem with this new tool now (:=)))...

The settings area need to be polished, and all parameters need a full
contextual descriptions.

Please let's me hear your suggestions about.

I would to thanks all digiKam users who have provides some RAW pictures with
noise to debug this plugin.

Gilles Caulier