[Digikam-devel] Image Metadata extraction : implementation progress...

Rainer Krienke rainer at krienke.org
Thu Mar 2 19:52:51 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 2. März 2006 20:37 schrieb Gilles Caulier:

> > In the simple EXIF display I found at least for Nikon the Aperture value
> > is missing. This should be included in this view. I remember that Nikon
> > is special here. They encode this value non standard in the "Aperture"
> > tag and not in the  "Aperture Value" tag like other manufacturaers like
> > Canon do.
>
> Well, this tag is certainly un-recognized in marker note area by Exiv2. I
> just get the info from Exiv2. I don't parse anything in digiKam.
>
> The better way is to report this problem to Exiv2 team.

Well the Tag is echoed if I simply call exiv2 on a Nikon camera photo:

$ exiv2 dsc_1376.jp
Filename        : dsc_1376.jpg
Filesize        : 1288537 Bytes
Camera make     : NIKON CORPORATION
Camera model    : NIKON D70
Image timestamp : 2006:03:02 19:33:37
Image number    :
Exposure time   : 1/1500 s
Aperture        : F4.8
Exposure bias   : +1/2

So the Tag Aperture is there. Its also shown in the "Full" EXIF view but there
its called FNumber (don't know why).  Or do I miss something? On what does
the difference depend what tags are shown in "Simple" and what are shown in
"Full"?  Is this a property of exiv2 or of digikam?

Thanks
Rainer