[Digikam-devel] Image Metadata extraction : implementation progress...

Rainer Krienke rainer at krienke.org
Thu Mar 2 17:44:28 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 2. März 2006 16:36 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Le Jeudi 2 Mars 2006 14:48, Gilles Caulier a écrit :
> > TODO : trying to use user friendly tags name instead internal Exiv2 tags
> > name. Andreas, how i can do it (if it's possible) ?
>
> Done. The diff file have been update on free.fr space.
>
> Gilles

Things have become much better now. It seems that at least for my Nikon some
Version strings are still not converted into an ascii representation:
ExifVersion
FlashPixVersion
InteroperabilityVersion

and in the Makernotes:
ColorBalance2
Version

These tags are still like "48 49 48 ..."

The rest is really fine. I can now get much more information about a photo
compared to the old exif support in digikam.

In the simple EXIF display I found at least for Nikon the Aperture value is
missing. This should be included in this view. I remember that Nikon is
special here. They encode this value non standard in the "Aperture" tag and
not in the  "Aperture Value" tag like other manufacturaers like Canon do.

Great work.

Thanks
Rainer