[Digikam-devel] Image Metadata extraction : implementation progress...

F.J.Cruz fj.cruz at supercable.es
Wed Mar 1 22:48:57 GMT 2006

El Miércoles, 1 de Marzo de 2006 23:06, Caulier Gilles escribió:
> Le Mardi 28 Février 2006 04:51 PM, Andreas Huggel a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for using Exiv2!

> > Nice pictures. I noticed that the metadata is shown as plain values as
> > opposed to human readable strings, e.g., "ResolutionUnit 2" as opposed to
> > "ResolutionUnit inch". Can the user change that with the "Level of
> > detail" setting ("Simple" sounds like not everything is shown though)?
> > Especially for makernotes, the more readable expressions might be more
> > useful than plain values. You can get these easily by using the output
> > operator for Exifdatum.
>
> I have tried to do it like this :
>
>         for (Exiv2::ExifData::iterator md = exifData.begin(); md !=
> exifData.end(); ++md)
>         {
>             Exiv2::Exifdatum ed = exifData[md->key().c_str()];

>         }
>
> ... but after, i need to do what exactly ?
>
> And another question : how to get a more user friendly value of tag. The
> Exif data are sometime uninterpreted number values instead of strings. EG
> for a Nikon Camera there is a FlashpixVersion string which ist shown as 48
> 49 48 48 probably meaning 1.00.   Other things like exposure time (and many
> more) are displayed as a fraction (10/200) instead of a clearer value
> (1/20). This kind of interpretation problems happen in many other EXIF tags
> as well.

In Nikon NEF files (and probably other raw formats) there are some "fields"
that are composite tags, for example,  LensID is constructed as a Composite
tag from the raw hex values of 8 other tags: LensIDNumber, LensFStops,
MinFocalLength, MaxFocalLength, MaxApertureAtMinFocal, MaxApertureAtMaxFocal,
MCUVersion and LensType, in that order.

Paco.