[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg

Roy roymen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:33:55 BST 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 22:18, you wrote:
> Le Mercredi 21 Juin 2006 22:08, Roy a écrit :
> > On Monday 19 June 2006 21:46, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > SVN commit 553041 by cgilles:
> > >
> > > digikam from trunk : DImg::ImageLoader : If no embedded ICC profile is
> > > available in RAW, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF, well try to use Exif metadata :
> > >
> > > - 1/ check "Exif.Image.InterColorProfile" exif tag witch can contains
> > > an ICC color-space profile. - 2/ if this tags is empty, check
> > > "Exif.Photo.ColorSpace" witch can indicate if the image have already
> > > converted in a color space : sRGB or AdobeRGB. In this case, use the
> > > right ICC color-space profile file available with digiKam.
> > >
> > > this way will prevent to re-convert again an image to a color-space if
> > > there is no ICC embedded profile available.
> >
> > After this commit (i think) RAW images in Image Editor are shown too
> > dark. It seems like the input profile for my EOS 350d is ignored somehow.
> > If I manually choose my input profile in Image Editor -> Fix -> Color ->
> > Color Management my test image shows up correctly. (If the embedded
> > profile (sRGB) is used the image stays dark.)
> >
> > When commenting out the call to method checkExifWorkingColorSpace() in
> > rawloader.cpp everything works as expected/before.
> >
> > Thank you very much for this great tool.
>
> Witch behaviour are you set in ICC setup ? The ICC color space selection
> dialog appears when you load a RAW file in editor ?

My settings are:
   ask when open an ...
   workspace:  sRGB
   monitor:    sRGB
   input:      canon6
   soft proof: -

After your commit the color space selection dialog does *not* appear -
probably because the embedded color profile matches the workspace color
profile (but somehow the input profile is ignored).

If I comment out the method call of checkExif... the dialog appears saying
there is no embedded profile, if I want to apply the workspace profile
(sRGB).

Roy