[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg

Roy roymen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:08:00 BST 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 21:46, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> SVN commit 553041 by cgilles:
>
> digikam from trunk : DImg::ImageLoader : If no embedded ICC profile is
> available in RAW, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF, well try to use Exif metadata :
>
> - 1/ check "Exif.Image.InterColorProfile" exif tag witch can contains an
> ICC color-space profile. - 2/ if this tags is empty, check
> "Exif.Photo.ColorSpace" witch can indicate if the image have already
> converted in a color space : sRGB or AdobeRGB. In this case, use the right
> ICC color-space profile file available with digiKam.
>
> this way will prevent to re-convert again an image to a color-space if
> there is no ICC embedded profile available.

After this commit (i think) RAW images in Image Editor are shown too dark. It
seems like the input profile for my EOS 350d is ignored somehow. If I
manually choose my input profile in Image Editor -> Fix -> Color -> Color
Management my test image shows up correctly. (If the embedded profile (sRGB)
is used the image stays dark.)

When commenting out the call to method checkExifWorkingColorSpace() in
rawloader.cpp everything works as expected/before.

Thank you very much for this great tool.

Roy