[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/kioslave

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Jun 21 15:08:39 BST 2006

Dnia środa, 21 czerwca 2006 13:46, Gilles Caulier napisał:
> SVN commit 553524 by cgilles:
>
> digikam from trunk : digiKam KIO slave image preview extractor use now
> the new DMetadata IPTC image preview extraction method ! It's very fast
> !!!

Don't know how for RAW files but preview speed for JPEG files is
much slower...

> IMPORTANT : actually, digiKam image editor store a JPEG preview image of
> 640x680 compressed to 75% factor. Please let's me hear if these settings
> is right for you. Note that preview IPTC tag size is limited to 256 Kb
> to store image.

Quality isn't so great.

1. What about 80% quality? Even when making size smaller. Smoothing of
   Qt is really good and personally I would prefer to see some Qt-blur
   instead of JPEG artefacts. (note: I use full screen Digikam in
   1152x864 resolution - on bigger screens it may look different).
2. What is sampling factor? In most systems 1x2 (or lower) is default
   but offers significantly reduced quality for modest size gains
   comparing to 1x1.

m.