[Digikam-devel] RAW mode decoding quality

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Tue Jun 13 09:33:58 BST 2006

Hello Paco and Gilles,
I probably missed some discussion on the subject during my absence (so I'm
back): it looks to me that the quality factor selection has disappeared from
the settings menu and dcraw is now called with -q only (rawloader.cpp).

To demonstrate the bad results we get  with this simplification I've composed
an image with the same cutout from a raw file
a) decoded with the thumbnail extraction facility dcraw -e
b) with digikam
c) with dcraw -q

To me the difference is big and justifies to leave the -q 0...3 option.

Your point of view?

Gerhard