[Digikam-devel] How to support the digikam team

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 30 11:54:21 GMT 2006

> > Maybe the next step would be helping out in making the tarballs (but I am
> > in no way experienced here).
>
> I love this idea...
>
> Next week, from stable KDE svn branch, DigikamlmagePlugins need to be
> released in 0.8.1 version. Are you interressed to do it ?
>
> If yes, take a look in PACKAGING file from svn digikam directory, and let's
> me hear if you need more informations to do it...
> Gilles

OK, had a look at the PACKAGING file. I think I can process the steps
described there (thanks to Toma for the detailed "walkthrough").

When it helps the team, e.g. giving Toma more time to coding I will do the
packaging. Let's talk about the time frame. I have enough time this week to
do this I'd say. Only problem might be that my Inet connection will get some
maintainance periods this week and I hope the guys do not make to much
problems.

I would say I use the week days to make myself familar with SVN and target the
upload of the tarball for internal testing on friday, So maybe we can have a
RC1 on monday. Is this OK? Your comments please.

I need SVN (write) access til thursday or something I think - it would be nice
if someone could guide me a little in this subject.

For sure I will post a question on how to get digikam working from
inside /home (parallel install to stable gentoo ebuild in /usr). I always
failed at this point cause digikam couldn't recognize my KDE install. I have
to adjust my path somehow.

A yes, for the testing: should the testing of my image-plugins tarball be done
against digikam(core)-0.8.1 release or against 0.8.x Branch from SVN (fresh
checkout)?

Enough questions for the moment ;-)
Regards, Sebastian