[Digikam-devel] digikam PNG workflow...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sat Jan 28 13:56:08 GMT 2006

Le Samedi 28 Janvier 2006 14:35, Tom Albers a écrit :
> Op zaterdag 28 januari 2006 14:37, schreef Gilles Caulier:
> > > Yes, but we need to do that smart. I dont think we should simply add
> > > every meta format there is to digiKam.
> >
> > In all case, excepted Exif, there is no universal way to use all metadata
> > type.
> >
> > To resume, major metadata to drive are :
> >
> > - Exif for JPEG (already done), TIFF (embeded - TODO), and RAW (via thm
> > file provide by camera - TODO)
> > - IPTC for JPEG  (embeded - TODO), TIFF  (embeded - TODO), and RAW (via
> > thm file provide by camera - TODO)
> > - XMP for JPEG, TIFF, DNG, PNG, etc (for the far future).
>
> Ok. Thanks for this list, i was kind of lost ;-)
>
> > I'm not sure that to create another shared lib is the better, or perhaps
> > you have any free time to manage it (:=)))
>
> On one hand, you want to wok more with Krita, on the other hand you seem to
> hate creating an api which is accessible to others. Sometimes you confuse
> me ;-)

If i have more free time, I would to do the both. But i need to take a
choise...

Working with Krita isn't a priority. Actually, the only task that we can done
is to add an new DImg::ImageLoader to support krita image file format.

Making a common image plugin framework have no sence for me. There are too
many differences between digiKam and Krita.

> > hum, i has only 10 ents here. It's enough for you ?
>
> Wij het kleine niet eert ....

> > Your English is better that mine (:=)))
>
> You are improving ;-)

It's enough to buy a little beer (:=)) ?