[Digikam-devel] How to support the digikam team?

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jan 22 23:43:38 GMT 2006

One minute ago I read from Tom Albers that Renchi is not in the team anymore
and indead I could read it on the digikam HP, too.

I was quite surprised cause I never found any info about that on the ML and
want to thank Renchi for all the work he put into digikam. Maybe somebody
could give a short info for which reason he left the team - as long as this
is not a too personal question of cause.

Now I think about how I can help the team a little, cause there is not so much
man power. I am just starting to learn C++ (later QT / Kdevelop to come) so
on the coding front I might not be of any help atm.

My knowledge in web administration is very limited, too but in case the HP
needs some support we could discuss whether I am of any help.

What comes into my mind is managing bugs at bko, exspecialy finding dups and
such. This might be a good start to help you out and if you want we can talk
about it so I might help with coordination tasks.

Last point is translation into German but I know this is allready done quite
well.

If anything of the above is of any help for you feel free to drop me a line.
And yes, I have to start using IRC - will deal with that soon I promise.

good night from germany,
Sebastian