[Digikam-devel] JPEG lossless crop

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Jan 4 13:28:19 GMT 2006

Dnia wtorek, 3 stycznia 2006 20:35, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> > Using another file format is not an option here cause the print houses
> > expect jpeg and I don't want it to be to complicated (have to explain
> > it to my parents who are not that familar with computers).
>
> no and no. This task will not be complicated when on the fly image files
> conversion will be implemented in camera interface (typically to convert
> JPEG to PNG of TIFF) without lost all meta-data, ICC profiles, embedded
> thumbs, etc. It's planed to digiKam 0.9.x series...

But will be on-the-fly conversion implemented for export?

Still there is no good way to export images just to folder external to
digiKam collection.

m.
--
I am social scientist - I don't know the difference between good and
bad, only the difference between difference.