[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Jan 4 10:04:03 GMT 2006

Le Mercredi 4 Janvier 2006 00:13, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> SVN commit 494037 by mwiesweg:
>
> digikam from trunk: Threaded image loading

In first, thanks to Marcel for this great job...

> - Fix LoadSaveThread
> - Add a class DImgLoaderObserver which allows communication with the
>   - stopping hooks to abort the loading/saving process
> - Add a class ManagedLoadSaveThread which manages the tasks in its queue
> and allows preloading. To achieve this, it uses the stopping capabilities
> in the loaders - Added progress info and stopping to JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PNG
> loaders, added progress info to raw loader. QImage loader does not support
> this.
> - Use new ManagedLoadSaveThread and connect progress info to histogram tab
>
> TODO:
> - add preloading to DImgInterface and thus to IE and showfoto

And :
- add a progress bar in IE status bar using QWidgetStack.
- lock any IE/showofoto GUI actions during io files operations, like comments
& tags, plugins, etc... We need to talking about before.
- Close wish #116154

//-------------------------------------------------------------------

First feedback :

I suspect a thread lock conflict between histogram tab and IE...

The problem come when image histogram tab is visible on main interface and
when IE is started, especially with large files. Sometime histogram
computation faild, sometime digikam crash with an indeep glibc error. If
histogram tab from main interface isn't visible, there is no problem.

To reproduce it, select an album with a large list of big image (PNG, TIFF, or
RAW), toogle on histogram tab from main interface, select the first album
item, and launch IE. Toogle IE window always visible , reduce IE window size
to see main interface window, and change current image from current album
using IE tool bar.

I have used this album collection during my test :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Images_2_Test_DImg/

Regards