[Digikam-devel] UPDATE: New icons for DigiKam 0.8.1 and 0.9.0

Tung NGUYEN ntung at free.fr
Mon Jan 2 16:09:21 GMT 2006

Achim,

I have updated the iconset according to your feedbacks (there is a new icon
"icc.png" for ICC profile).

You can see a preview here http://ntung.free.fr/OUTPUT/preview.html

CHANGELOG:
========
>> So I would be pleased if the new icons contain nothing based on
>> CC license work.

=> autocorrection.png, despeckle.png and infrared.png are reworked to remove
all references to the Tango theme, (they are now completely different ! :-).
Now, we do not have any more a problem with the Creative Commons Attribution
Share-Alike license.

> Mhmm, so, can't we add both?  I mean we install the standard icons in KDE
> default icons dir and the nuvola folder+something icons in the folder
> that is used when people switch their icon theme to nuvola.   Then digikam
> looks konsistant in at least 2 themes.  (and your nuvola icon work is not
> 'lost')

=>  I have created other *folder* icons with the basic folder from CrystalSVG
theme and made some tests to have both crystalsvg and nuvola working with
DigiKam but it does not work... By the way, the new *folder* icons (with
CrystalSVG theme) are as beautiful as those of nuvola, that's why I provide
only *folder* icons with CrystalSVG theme in the new iconset.

> > o filmgrain: ditto as above.  Don't KDE contain a similar default-icon

=> I have created a new completely different icon (see preview.html).

> <dreaming>
> I know this is much to ask, but can you check what the other apps in
> extragear use or have already?  Maybe they have a good icon already
> that we can use, and maybe share.  One of my dreams is that every kde
> extragear model has a lib module that contains also a icons subtree with
> shareable icons like slideshow etc that are used by all extragear/graphics
> applications.  But of course we should first collect a good set of icons
> for digikam ;)
> </dreaming>

=> I have installed Gwenview, Kimdaba and ShowImg and they use their own icons
for rotate, flip, slideshow, ...

>  o infrared: nice but will '800' help to recognize what it does?
>  Especially it's not readable in smaller sizes that will be used with
>  digikam.
> => Perhaps, this icon will be removed because of Tango licence.

=> See the new completely different icon (see preview.html).

---
Tung.