[Digikam-devel] digikamimageplugins-0.8.1RC1 ready for internal testing

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Feb 12 18:44:18 GMT 2006

Op donderdag 9 februari 2006 18:26, schreef Sebastian Röder:
> Achim wrote:
> > When you write the annoucement can you paste the announcement
> > part like:
> >
> > 0.8.1 changes
> >         o new icons
> >         o fix ...  bug
> >
> > As NEWS file into the final digikamimageplugins tarball.
>
> OK, this is one point I have missed - would have been better to prepare the
> NEWS file earlier and integrate it in the first tarball, cause my plan is
> NOT to do a new tarball (or modify the existing one) if there are no
> problems with compiling etc.

Yes, we should automate the changelog completely. For another project I use a
program which outputs a much better changelog. I always use the output of the
file, without editing and note the noteworthy changes in a NEWS file. The
call to generate the changelog is:

svn log -v --xml \
    https://toma@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/utils/rsibreak \
 | python /usr/src/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/release/svn2log.py  \
          -u /usr/src/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/accounts

Adjust paths to your own checkout of kde-common of course. We might do the
same for digiKam.

The announce looks fine btw.

Toma