[Digikam-devel] digikamimageplugins announcement proposal

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sun Feb 12 08:46:03 GMT 2006

Le Samedi 11 Février 2006 19:19, Sebastian Röder a écrit :
> Here is my proposal for the digikamimageplugins announcement. Nobody
> reported any problems with the RC tarball so we are ready to do the release
> I'd say. Feel free to improve the announcement as you like.
>
> Regards, Sebastian
>
> P.S. I can do the taging/branching as soon as I get my KDE SVN account from
> the KDE sysadmins.

ok

> P.P.S. What's the state of the 0.9.x branch?

alpha. implementation incomplete. Look TODO file in svn...

> Does it compile without
> problems

Normally always.

> or is there something basic unusable broken?

sharpen algorithm is broken. 16 bits supports is uncomplete on my computer.
Other parts not ported to 16 bits continue to work on 8 bits.

> I ask cause I'd like
> to do a weekly (or something) alpha quality "snapshot" tarball of digikam +
> imageplugins tarball to get as much testing as possible for it.

There are a lot of tasks to do before to give a beta tarball. I will update
TODO file and add all small tasks to do. Let's me hear if you is interresed
by something...

In other way, any parts of handbook can be updated (not all).  we need to
talking about.

I'm out of town this week. next week is better.

> The digiKam team is pleased to complete the 0.8.1 digiKam series with the
> announcement of the digikamimageplugins-0.8.1 release. Many bugs have been
> addressed in this bugfix release and it introduces a fresh iconset for the
> imageplugins. We hope this release will further increase your digikam
> experience.
>
> 0.8.1 changes
> 	o new iconset contributed by Tung Nguyen
> 	o bugfix [120736]: imageplugins freeze digikam when changing its values in
> the GUI
> 	o bugfix [115849]: "load" and "save as" buttons swaped in adjustcurves
> plugin o bugfix [General]: fixed various memory leaks in imageplugins
> 	o bugfix [Channel Mixer]: set red channel of the histogram properly
> 	  when reset button is used
> 	o bugfix [Whitebalance]: fix color gradients color
> 	o bugfix [General]: various typographical corrections
>
> NOTE: The digikamimageplugins-doc was not updated, please use
> digikamimageplugins-doc-0.8.0 together with the new
> digikamimageplugins-0.8.1 release.

Fine for me. You can do it...

A nice week end