[Digikam-devel] digikamimageplugins-0.8.1RC1 ready for internal testing

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Feb 9 17:26:43 GMT 2006

Achim wrote:
> When you write the annoucement can you paste the announcement
> part like:
>
> 0.8.1 changes
>         o new icons
>         o fix ...  bug
>
> As NEWS file into the final digikamimageplugins tarball.

OK, this is one point I have missed - would have been better to prepare the
NEWS file earlier and integrate it in the first tarball, cause my plan is NOT
to do a new tarball (or modify the existing one) if there are no problems
with compiling etc.

> Your remove PACKAGE file from tarball so better remove
> release_digikamimageplugins*.rb too, right?

Yes, good idea from my point of view. Toma (?) has editied the script that
does the packaging to exclude the PACKAGING file and I can modify it to
exclude the ruby files, too.

gilles wrote:
> > To make things a little easier and straight forward I already labeled it
> > as it would be the final tarball (so wish me luck!). If we encounter any
> > problems we will fix it and I will prepare a tarball with RC2 in its
> > name.
>
> No need to have RC2. I think you can do a final release directly...

OK, lets see what the other testers report ...

> No problem here to compile it under mandriva 2006 official. Good job...

Fine.

> > Good night (and best wishes to Gilles to recover your health)
>
> I'm better now (:=)))). I need to get any drugs against...

Good healthy sleep is the best medicine one can get, except for workaholics
like you maybe ;-)

OK, we have to cosmetic improvements for a possible RC2: an updated NEWS file
(new icons + bugfixes) and excluding the ruby scripts. I tend to not doing a
RC2 for this small glitches, but please let me hear your opinion. In any case
I will fix this things in the next release.