[Digikam-devel] digikamimageplugins-0.8.1RC1 ready for internal testing

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Feb 8 23:59:24 GMT 2006

Hi list,

with the kind support of the digikam team I managed to prepare a RC1 tarball
for digikamimageplugins-0.8.1. This tarball is for INTERNAL TESTING by the
digikam devs (and people who want to help) only.

Also we do not expect any problems with this tarball it MIGHT NOT be the final
release - it's a RELEASE CANDIDATE!

To make things a little easier and straight forward I already labeled it as it
would be the final tarball (so wish me luck!). If we encounter any problems
we will fix it and I will prepare a tarball with RC2 in its name.

Testers please download the tarball here:
http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/sroeder/digikamimageplugins-0.8.1.tar.bz2

and report any success or failure on install. It builds fine here on Gentoo
with GCC 3.4.4.

Note: There will be NO digikamimageplugins-docs-0.8.1 (docs were not updated
between 0.8 and 0.8.1).

We hope that the final release can be done at the weekend - please wait until
the weekend if you do not explicitly want to help the devel team testing
whether the tarball builds fine on every box.

Good night (and best wishes to Gilles to recover your health)
Sero