[Digikam-devel] CMS beginner question

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 22:11:37 GMT 2006

Am Mittwoch 08 Februar 2006 22:38 schrieb Francisco J. Cruz:
> SVN commit 507273 by fjcruz:

Hi Francisco,

a small question about ICC. I am a newbie when it comes to cms practice but I
know the wider basics. So I setup some icc profiles
20D.icc for my cam, 171s.icm for my monitor and sRGB as system profile

The RAW file format of the 20D has a dynamic of 4096 levels of intensity.
The IE uses 16bit dynamic or 65K levels per channel and the standard raw
convertion results in a dark picture.
I thought that when I apply a icc profile the 12bit will be extrapolated into
the 16bit  sRGB color space. This does not happen when I test this stuff with
0.9.0-svn.
Should this work?

A side note: My original Samsung icm profiles occurs unlabeled (no profile
description) in digiKams profile set-up.
Shall I mail you this profile so you can check how the profile name is tagged?

Bye

  Thorsten