[Digikam-devel] wiki for digikam (+kipi-plugins)?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Dec 21 14:01:33 GMT 2006

On Thursday 21 December 2006 15:02, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > One important point is to encourage users to contribute
> > > in an easy manner with their knowledge and experience.
> > > And yes, to avoid duplication, if things then get moved onto
> > > the main digikam pages or the digikam handook, even better!
> >
> > So, why not to encourage them to contribute in a standard way?
>
> Encouraging people is always good ;-)
> But to be sure: what is the standard way?
> The contrib section http://www.digikam.org/?q=contrib
> does explain a couple of options which do cover a lot,
> but maybe not all.
>
> To give a concrete example: I am thinking of buying a GPS
> device. It turns out that this is not a trivial decision ;-) -
> there are only few which have a data-logger.
> Then there are various tests around comparing the accuracy etc. etc.
> Setting up a small page which collects the most
> interesting/reasonable/.... ones (Sony GPS-CS1, navigps/amaryllo
> triptracker/wintec WBT ... ) might be helpful.
>
> What would be a standard way to achieve this?

Totally agree!

I will love to see all digiKam & co handbook written progressivly like a wiki
by all users...

Handbooks are written in docbook language witch is not really difficult to
understand but not really user friendly.

How to interface handbook and wiki ? Just waiting than dedicaced wiki section
are written by users and convert these parts manually in docbook ?