[Digikam-devel] 0.9 release tarball ready

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Mon Dec 18 10:49:50 GMT 2006

Am Montag, 18. Dezember 2006 09:59 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> On Monday 18 December 2006 09:58, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> > The tarballs are up and running on Sourceforge now.
>
> Can you post a preview of 0.9.0 fianl announce in this room ?
>
> Gilles
VoilĂ :

It's a Masterpiece! digiKam & digikamImagePlugins 0.9.0 major release

The digiKam team is very proud to release the final 0.9.0 sources. It is
complemented by a corresponding digikamImagePlugin release and a kipi-plugins
introducing enticing new features.

digiKam has made big headway towards a professional image management tool that
compares favorably to to heavy weights from Adobe and Apple. 16 bit
Colormanagement workflow, Raw file support, full Metadata features including
GPS data, to name only the most important ones. And it remains userfriendly!
All digiKam 0.9.0 features can be seen at this url
http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/features09x

The 0.9 series has been under heavy development since November 2005. After
having published several release candidates, this final version includes many
bugfixes and the updated internationalization strings.
So, download, compile and enjoy it !
The source for digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins 0.9.0-rc1 is available at this
url http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42641

Bug fixes since rc2 are listed below:
BUG: 134999	Workaround for problem in QLatin15Codec
BUG: 138616	exiv2 dependency 0.12 detection
BUG: 138715	fix a race condition in threaded image I/O witch can crash digiKam
BUG: 138747	Force QComboBox to use internally a QListBox independently of
current widget style used by QT
BUG: 117248	fix hotplug digiKam script
BUG: 138540	if file path is read-only, do not try to save metadata on pictures
BUG: 135442	Added missing "Rename..." option on Album RMB menu
BUG: 127112	fix kgamma to display module from KDE control center
BUG: 121651	add Export menu into Album context pop-up menu
BUG: 119205	never handle root album with Drag & Drop, Copy & Paste operations
	  	Color Management plugin BugFix : if input|proof|workspace ICC profile
		files path are wrong (files do not exist or file not readable, or path is
		not a file), ask to user to check settings before to perform color
		transformations...else digiKam will crash with an error from LCMS library
BUG: 138620	Call prompt UserSave _before_ changing variables
BUG: 133091	using SHIFT instead of 7 8 9 with Flip/Rotate keyboard shortcuts
		using KDE_PKG_CHECK_MODULES instead PKG_CHECK_MODULES
BUG: 137993	modification date in digikamalbums::put
BUG: 137770	Don't touch read-only file when metadata need to be updated.
BUG: 138253	add keybd shortcut to toggle on/off Monitor Color Corrections F12
		Improvements of icons to gain space