[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/editor

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Sun Dec 10 10:14:52 GMT 2006

On Sunday, 10. December 2006 10:24, you wrote:
> Le vendredi 8 décembre 2006 11:46, vous avez écrit :
> > On Friday, 8. December 2006 06:15, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > SVN commit 611430 by cgilles:
> > >
> > > digikam from trunk : instead to use '7', '8', and '9' keys to rotate an
> > > image in editor, use CTRL+7, CTRL+8, CTRL+9 to prevent conflic with
> > > Comments & Tags side bar.
> >
> > For consistency, should 1 2 3 in albumview then be changed to ctrl 7 8 9
> > too? Or alternatively albumview and imageview ctrl 1 2 3 (assumed more
> > people rotate their images via albumview)
>
> Achim,
>
> In Album view, rotate function are dedicaced to JPEGLossLess kipi-plugin. All
> actions in this plugin don' have a keyboard shorcut (where do you have found
> 1/2/3 shortcuts ?). Do you mean to add CTRL+7/8/9 shortcuts in this plugin ?

Oh, right! 1 2 3 was used ages ago in pre kipi-plugins days. I've
assigned 1 2 3 key because using menu takes too long and forgot about it.

Unfortunately kipi-plugins can easily use short cuts because, the
plugin can't be sure if the host app uses the shortcut already.

Nevertheless IMHO it would be geat if digikam somehow had consistent
shortcut for rotating raw, jpegs, .. (and mov ;).  From a programmres POV it's
not nice to add a test for a special plugins, but rotation is important enough
from user POV to justify it

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com