[Digikam-devel] 0.9.0-RC2 packages for testing

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Dec 6 18:51:35 GMT 2006

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Heh, I've build an deb pkg but did not have exiv2 0.12 installed.
> make and make install did not complain but no digikam and
> showfoto in /usr/bin/.
>
> Would be nice to either get configure or make fail when
> not all prerequisites are available ;)

I had a stale pkgconfig file from exiv2 lying around, configure thought I had
only version 0.9 and it _did_ fail.
Actually, there is a check in configure.in.in based on pkgconfig.

have_exiv2='no'
AC_PATH_PROG(EXIV2_CONFIG,exiv2-config)
if test -n "${EXIV2_CONFIG}"; then
  EXIV2_CFLAGS="`$EXIV2_CONFIG --cflags`"
  AC_SUBST(EXIV2_CFLAGS)
  LIB_EXIV2="`$EXIV2_CONFIG --libs`"
  AC_SUBST(LIB_EXIV2)
  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(EXIV2, exiv2 >= 0.12, have_exiv2=yes,have_exiv2=no)
fi

if test "x$have_exiv2" != "xyes"; then
  if test -n "${EXIV2_CONFIG}"; then
    AC_MSG_RESULT($have_exiv2)
  fi
  AC_MSG_WARN([Exiv2 library not found, digiKam will not be compiled.])
  DO_NOT_COMPILE="digikam digikamimageplugins $DO_NOT_COMPILE"
fi

But please dont ask me about autoconf/automake, I have never learned this
stuff, and I won't learn it anymore (waiting for CMake).

Marcel