[Digikam-devel] JPEG2000 support...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Dec 1 06:28:08 GMT 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 04:09, Andreas Huggel wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 November 2006 19:12, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > JPEG 2000 support EXIF and XMP metadata. I hope than JPEG2000 can be
> > added to the picture file format supported by Exiv2 library.
> >
> > Andreas, can you give me your viewpoint about it ?
>
> Quick answer, this should be just another Image subclass. Depending on
> how different the file format is from what we already have, it will
> take more or less effort to implement. (Did a brief search but couldn't
> find a good description of the format, most sites talk about the image
> data compression, which Exiv2 would simply skip).
>
> -ahu.

Just my investiguations : look in recent Exiftool source code, it support Exif
extraction from JPEG 2000.

Also, i'm looking to support in native PSD file format in digiKam (photoshop)
witch support EXIF, IPTC and XMP. This one is very used by photograph, and
i'm sure that it will be very important to give an Exiv2 support it in the
future. Your viewpoint ?