[Digikam-devel] ANNOUNCE: Digikam Rails interface

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 21:33:01 BST 2006

Hey all,
I know there are already several digikam web interface but I didn't
really like any of them and I wanted to learn Ruby On Rails so I
started to build my own. It's still beta for now but it works.

The interface is kind of inspired from flickr but not too much.
You can navigate by tags:
http://rdigikam.sitlib.org/tags

by albums:
http://rdigikam.sitlib.org/images/showimgbyalbum

or by calendar:
http://rdigikam.sitlib.org/calendar/list?month=10&year=2004

You can also enlarge the picture you're viewing using some cool
iPhoto-like effect:
http://rdigikam.sitlib.org/tags/showpicfromtag/770?imgnum=13&passed=cat
(try to click on the big pic)

And for each pic you get the caption, its tags and the album it
belongs to,  all being linked together.

I'm working on the admin interface. I'll post the source later.

Cheers and thanx for Digikam

Pat