[Digikam-devel] Digikam KDE integration problem: Bigger icons   and TextUnderIcon not supported by digikam?

Sero sero4linux at freenet.de
Wed Aug 16 12:16:14 BST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 16. August 2006 12:00 schrieb digikam-devel-request at kde.org:
> > I recently become a big fan of larger KDE icons and the TextUnderIcon
> > feature from KDE (that will be the default in KDE4). This way KDE is way
> > more userfriendly e.g. for my parents, that do not work with computers so
> > frequently.
> >
> > All standard KDE apps and most extragear apps (like KDE) honor the icon
> > size and icon/text position settings from the KDE Control Center which
> > gives a nice and consistent desktop. However digikam seems to be the bad
> > exception in this case - or is this just me?
> >
> > Has anybody here tried to use digikam with large icons (48px in Main
> > Toolbar) and TextUnderIcon feature? Did it work for you? If yes, what do
> > I have to do to get it working here, too? If not, how can we fix this? I
> > am willing to help in case not  much C++ knowledge is needed ...
>
> I can confirm the problem.
> But I don't know how to fix it. We use KMainWindow, plug the actions and
> call createGUI to read the XML file. We need some more KDE API knowledge...
>
> Marcel

At least one can get the big icons + text under icons in digikam, too - though
it is a little hidden. You can set icon size and text options by right
clicking the tool bar (a context menu appears). I just found that feature
exidently and a more standard menu would be great IMHO. More on that
later ... I have to collect more infos like KDE HIG etc.