[Digikam-devel] Digikam KDE integration problem: Bigger icons and TextUnderIcon not supported by digikam?

Sero sero4linux at freenet.de
Mon Aug 14 11:49:26 BST 2006

I recently become a big fan of larger KDE icons and the TextUnderIcon feature
from KDE (that will be the default in KDE4). This way KDE is way more
userfriendly e.g. for my parents, that do not work with computers so
frequently.

All standard KDE apps and most extragear apps (like KDE) honor the icon size
and icon/text position settings from the KDE Control Center which gives a
nice and consistent desktop. However digikam seems to be the bad exception in
this case - or is this just me?

Has anybody here tried to use digikam with large icons (48px in Main Toolbar)
and TextUnderIcon feature? Did it work for you? If yes, what do I have to do
to get it working here, too? If not, how can we fix this? I am willing to
help in case not  much C++ knowledge is needed ...