[Digikam-devel] Mousepointer glued to rubber, steps to reproduce.

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Sat Apr 29 23:31:12 BST 2006

Hello,

Here the steps to reproduce the phenomena:

Open noisereduction.
Move any of the rubbers. Dont release the left mousebutton.
While the filter  is busy press right mousebutton. The "Whats this" box will
appear.
When the filter is not busy then release the buttons. Do /not/ click
onto the
"whats this" box. Click offside, and the box disappears.

Now the Mouse is "glued" to the rubber. When the mouse is moved over the
rubber then the rubber gets focus and moves, without any mousebutton
pressed.
Reproducibility: 100%

I found only one way to resolve this situation: Move mouse over the
glued rubber.
Press left button, release,press middle mousebutton,release, dont move
mouse.
Possibly repeat it until success.

Sometimes this happens randomly when I never pressed the right mousebutton.
Possibly it has to do with my mouse. It is a optical mouse and somtimes
it makes
sudden jumps (errornous position data). It's a Logitech premium optical
wheel Mouse.

This can also be observed with other plugins, e.g. the refocus plugin.
The preview
window must be made so large, that it is busy long enough to press the
right mouse
button.

Peter