[Digikam-devel] tested 0.9 svn raw handling

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Sat Apr 29 21:14:27 BST 2006

Hello,

Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have do to some work on a series of RAW /CR2) photos and I start to do it
> with digikam 0.9 svn and compare it with ufraw.
>
> When comparing the results between ufraw and digikam I get
> better results with ufraw - less noise and a _far_ better visual start with
> correct brightness. This not very exiting when you open a RAW file and have
> nearly a black screen in digikam.

I tried with Minolta D5D.
The images get better, when gamma is increased towards 1.0.
So I believe, that images are imported without gamma correction.

Currently colormanagement doesnt work for me. (I didnt much effort to
try it out)
When colormanagement works, then the color-problem should be solved.
Assign a linear
colorspace to the image and colors should look ok. (that means: set a
linear input colorspace).

Peter