[Digikam-devel] [patch] Noisereduction updates

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Sat Apr 29 12:20:13 BST 2006

Hello Gilles,

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Peter, i'm busy this week end (i search a new home).
Wish you good luck for this.

> I will trying to check your code sunday or monday

The diff-files look rather horrible....
Essentially I did only one thing: replaced iir_filter() with new code
and renamed it to fir_filter()
Then I deleted a lot of superfluous stuff and renamed some variables to
take the modifications in account.
Also I allocated a new scratch-buffer.

It's carefully checked, there cannot be any memory leaks ;-)
It really improves quality and gives somewhat easier adjustment-behaviour.

Currently I use kdesvn and this displays the modifications using
Kompare, thats really nice.
I will not do other improvements for this onedimensional filter version.
(Apart from bughunting)
A complete rewrite for the filter core will be necessary for the next
version.

wish you a good weekend,

Peter