[Digikam-devel] [patch] [digikamimageplugins SVN 0.9.0] patch for noisereduction.cpp

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Thu Apr 27 19:22:07 BST 2006

Hello,

discovered another error in noisereduction.cpp, that caused vertical
smear in images.
This bug causes, that  horicontal edge detection buffer is used as
template for vertical blurring operation, thats  bad ;-)
It differs from gimp version.
Patch appended.
This patch should give doubled image quality, the same as in gimp plugin.

In preparation for 2-dimensional filtering I rewrote the gaussian filter
and published this as
dcamnoise2-0.64 in gimp registry.
<http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=5610>
It turned out, that the new filter gives much better sharpness. I tried
to port this to digikamimageplugins,
but had no success until now, it crashed (memory leaks ;-) . I am
working on it.

Another theme:
Is user interface broken?
While debugging I had the problem, that mousepointer stays connected
with the gamma rubber.
That means,  I remove the mouse from gamma rubber and  the rubber still
is connected to mouse.
(Excuse my english, if you don't understand, please ask, I will try to
explain better)

greetings,

Peter