[Digikam-devel] Install in /home borked - what did I do wrong?

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 25 21:41:53 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 25. April 2006 21:49 schrieb digikam-devel-request at kde.org:
> Gentoo use a dynamic configuration of LDPATH:
> You put a config file into /etc/env.d

Thanks Thorsten! I alraedy read this in the handbook and you encouraged me to
try it. For me this is not the best solution (cause I like to keep such
custom stuff in my home dir and not as deep in the system as /etc/env.d) BUT:
this is the only way that works!

 $ cat /etc/env.d/46digikam-svn
KDEDIRS=/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk
LDPATH=/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk/lib
PATH=/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk/bin

> then you run
> env-update and now you have a new /etc/ld.so.conf and the system knows
> where to find your lib.

> But you can also take the script from
> http://forum.ebv4linux.de/viewtopic.php?t=747
> and use the script in PATH startup method:
> [...]
>  cat > /usr/bin/digikam-svn << EOF
>  #!/bin/sh
>  export LDPATH="$MYDIR/lib:$LDPATH"
>  export KDEDIRS="$MYDIR:$KDEDIRS"
>  $MYDIR/bin/digikam
>  EOF
>  chmod a+x  /usr/bin/digikam-svn

That's close to my own startup script but this doens't work (the LDPATH is not
processed by Gentoo in any way it seems. Try echo $LDPATH in your system -
$LDPATH is empty by default).

> But watch out that this script runs with the same userconfig, so you need
> to setup a testuser to separate the userconfigs.

No problem cause atm I have only this SVN install. What was interessting in
the whole story is that it seems like my older SVN install has allways been a
mixture from SVN and stable Gentoo stuff without me knowing it. But now
finally it is sane ;-)

> HTH
Yeahhh it did! Thank you so much!

Good night