[Digikam-devel] Install in /home borked - what did I do wrong?

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 25 14:21:38 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 25. April 2006 13:36 schrieb digikam-devel-request at kde.org:
> > I like it very much to compile/install digikam TRUNK SVN inside my /home
> > dir cause this makes it impossible to damage the system (make install is
> > not done as root). However after my complete reinstall of my linux system
> > this doesn't work anymore. I get the following:
> >
> > kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KIPI/Plugin
> > not found
> > kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
> > Digikam/ImagePlugin  not found
> > digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
> > klauncher said: Unbekanntes Protokoll "digikamdates".
> > digikam: digikam: WARNING: [void
> > Digikam::AlbumManager::slotResult(KIO::Job*)] Failed to list dates
> > digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
> > klauncher said: Unbekanntes Protokoll "digikamalbums".
> > #!/bin/bash
> >
> > # A little wrapper script to start the latest digikam testbuild
> > add_root=/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk
> > #export KDEDIRS=$add_root
> > #export KDEDIRS=/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk:/usr/kde/3.5
> > #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$add_root/lib
> > #export PATH=$add_root/bin
> >
> > export KDEDIRS=$add_root:
> > export PATH=$add_root/bin:$PATH
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$add_root/lib
> > $add_root/bin/digikam
> >
> > Any help would be much apprecheated.
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> I suspect a wrong install. Have you used .configure --prefix=myhomepath ?

Yes I did. A wrong install is very unlikely the problem cause I first tried it
with a copy of my last working install and then with a fresh install - both
have the same problem.

> What 'locate libdigikam.la kio_digikamtags.so' done on your computer ?

# locate libdigikam.la
/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk-0424/lib/libdigikam.la

This is fine cause I have a symlink digikam_trunk --> digikam_trunk-0424

# locate kio_digikam.so

Upps: NOTHING! Where does this belong to? OK, I will do a fresh install again!

Thanks Gilles. Hope this fixes my problem.