[Digikam-devel] Install in /home borked - what did I do wrong?

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 25 11:22:52 BST 2006

I like it very much to compile/install digikam TRUNK SVN inside my /home dir
cause this makes it impossible to damage the system (make install is not done
as root). However after my complete reinstall of my linux system this doesn't
work anymore. I get the following:

digikam: ScanLib: Finding non-existing Albums: 4 ms
digikam: ScanLib: Finding items not in the database or disk: 261 ms
digikam: ScanLib: Updating items without date: 0 ms
digikam: Cannot parse EXIF metadata using Exiv2
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KIPI/Plugin not
found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
Digikam/ImagePlugin  not found
digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unbekanntes Protokoll "digikamdates".
digikam: digikam: WARNING: [void Digikam::AlbumManager::slotResult(KIO::Job*)]
Failed to list dates
digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unbekanntes Protokoll "digikamalbums".
digikam: digikam: WARNING: Failed to list url: Could not start process Unable
to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unbekanntes Protokoll "digikamalbums".

The difference to the previous install is that libkipi, libkexif etc. are NOT
installed globally but only in /home as well. Looks like they are not found
and I have to adjust some path environmet settings again.

Here is my "startsript" that doesn't work anymore (you see I have tested
different settings allready). The settings that are currently active are from
the ML posted by Joern.

#!/bin/bash

# A little wrapper script to start the latest digikam testbuild
add_root=/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk
#export KDEDIRS=$add_root
#export KDEDIRS=/home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk:/usr/kde/3.5
#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$add_root/lib
#export PATH=$add_root/bin

export KDEDIRS=$add_root:
export PATH=$add_root/bin:$PATH