[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/libs

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Apr 24 16:10:30 BST 2006

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 24 kwietnia 2006 10:45, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> digikam from trunk : image properties side bar tab :

Few comments:

- There is additional margin around navigation buttons in Properties
  panel, other panels don't have it.
- I am (and IMO not only me) managing in Digikam photos from various
  sources (especially scanner). In Photograph Properties there is looong
  list of "unavailable" properties. Maybe just don't show them or give
  *one* line: No Exif data available.
- Separation of sections looks heavy: horizontal bar, italics,
  underscore. Maybe make it more like in Metadata panel: bold, centered
  text, plus some space.
- You didn't add comments and tags info in properties panel saying that
  it is redundant to Comments&Tags panel but simultaneously adding many
  info from meta tags. Hmm?
- Order of panels: currently this is - Properties, Metadata, Colors,
  Comments&Tags, Tag filters. IMO order should be: Properties,
  Comments&Tags, Metadata, Colors, Tag filters. In this way it is going
  from general info to more specific, especially with many metadata info
  already included into Properties panel - smaller mouse move to switch
  between Comments and File info. If you would switch additional data
  from Metadata to Comments, current order would be OK.
- I miss Album name/path. I know, I argued for folder name in the past
  but when seeing it in action it is different. On most systems folder
  name/path will be shortened which results in something like this:
  /home/mi...ikam/sesja (and this is not nested album!). To see full
  path user have to hover over name. What about changing it into Album
  and show path inside of digiKam master directory with tooltip showing
  system path?

Non Propeties panel related:

- In Metadata panel one of the tabs is labeled: Iptc. Everywhere else it
  is IPTC. Should be unified.