[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Apr 13 06:35:44 BST 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 11:53 pm, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> SVN commit 529254 by mwiesweg:
>
> digikam from trunk:
>
> The ImageEditor can now access the database independently
> from main view, i.e. also if main moved to a different directory.
>
> - adjust ImageInfo to be more like a database item wrapper class
> - add a method to ImageWindow to start it with a list of
>   ImageInfo objects, use this in AlbumIconView
> - adapt ImageWindow to (optional) ImageInfo list
> - adjust behavior of saveAsIsComplete
> - add itemChanged methods to ImagePropertiesSidebarDB:
>   - one takes only a URL (no database)
>   - one takes an ImageInfo object (used by ImageWindow, full DB support)
>   - one takes AlbumIconItem and -View (used by main view,
>     full DB support, optional future interaction with the view)
> - ImageDescEditTab now works on an ImageInfo object
> - add a copyItem method to ImageInfo as a wrapper for said function from
> AlbumDB - modify AlbumDB::copyItem to return image id of inserted image
> - add DISTINCT keyword to second SELECT statement of AlbumDB::copyItem.
>   With all of above changes, I constantly produced bug #113915.
>   I do not know why the SELECT statement produces (in my case) three times
>   the same result so that INSERT complains, and I do not know which of
>   my changes should ever trigger this problem, but the DISTINCT fixes this.
>   If anyone speaks SQL, you might want to check my comment in
> AlbumDB::copyItem.

I know SQL, but my database experience is limited. I have already build
database for web site, but i have never tried to optimize my database
requests. We need to investiguate this point. Please annoye B.K.O or TODO
file for that.

> Currently, the rating is not copied when database information is copied (in
> copyItem). Should this be done?

yes, rating must be copied is we move/copy a picture from an album to another
one.