[Digikam-devel] Just fun (:=)))

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat Apr 8 16:10:02 BST 2006

Dnia sobota, 8 kwietnia 2006 12:27, Thorsten Schnebeck napisał:
> Am Samstag 08 April 2006 11:12 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> > Dnia sobota, 8 kwietnia 2006 03:10, Thorsten Schnebeck napisał:
> > > But I have also to keep an eye if digikam stays Mom-suitable! In
> > > this way I think that two sidetabs and two splitter is too much in a
> > > standard album-view. It would be good if some tabs and sidebar can
> > > be switched off, as my Mom dont need it. Especially the navi-arrows
> > > in the right view in album mode is "jumpy" between the differend
> > > sidebar-tabs and collidate with the two navi-icons in the main icon
> > > bar.
> >
> > These navigations icons are required with default KDE one-click
> > scheme.
>
> ... that I prefer too and that is necessary for 66 year old person :-)

And is not the best one for application like digiKam (IMO).

> But I dont know for what the album history browser is useful or better
> why these icons are the main toolbar and the inner album navi keys not.

Main toolbar icons are for album navigation, panel icons are for photo
navigation.

> > If digiKam could works as Krusader they could (and should) be gone,
> > when one click opens image in IE they have to stay.
> >
> > > I also think, the current camera-setup is not good. Better can be a
> > > wizard based on HAL: "Digikam found a new camera-type device. Do you
> >
> > Not everyone have HAL.
>
> But KDE 4 will have its own hardware abstraction layer service. A
> wizzard could be based on such a service.

So it could be changed for KDE4 (digiKam 1.0?) not earlier.

There are two problems with HAL: it is Linux specific and KDE is system
agnostic (at least in principles); it doesn't work very well yet - at
least for me it works quite randomly (Mdv 2006.0).

m.