[Digikam-devel] NEF and TIFF/EP file format will be supported to next Exiv2 release...

Andreas Huggel ahuggel at gmx.net
Thu Apr 6 16:53:30 BST 2006

Thanks, Gilles - you were quicker than me :)

The new parser is read-only for now and doesn't know about Makernotes yet. It
is still very fresh and hardly tested; if you try it, please report problems
to me.

The parser is newly designed from scratch to be a flexible and extensible TIFF
parser, based on the experience with the old code. Eventually it will be used
for all TIFF-related formats, includig the Exif block in Jpegs. But the fact
that NEF seems to work already now is more a side-effect; to be honest I
still don't really know that format.

Among the remaining feature requests for future Exiv2 releases, there are a
few more from the digikam team. I'm in the process of registering them all in
the Mantis bug-tracking system for a start. It can be accessed from the
internet and is open for anybody to add information (also via the download
page mentioned below).

Please contact me if you're interested to contribute to Exiv2.

Regards,
Andreas