[Digikam-devel] advanced search calendar widget

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Apr 3 21:08:13 BST 2006

Hello,

v 0.9svn

Was looking for some pictures and noticed one thing in calendar widget:

below calendar are some predefined entries: Today, Tomorrow, Friday,
Sunday, Next Week, Next Month. They are hardly useful when looking for
images. Searching is directed toward past. That terms are directed into
future. I suppose widget was imported directly from some scheduling KDE
app - and scheduling is directed into future.

Suggestion:

If possible change predefined terms into: Today, Yesterday, Last Week,
Last Month. Eventually leave Friday, Sunday but make them to look into
the past to find photos from last weekend, beginning of current week.

or

Remove them. In current form they are all but Today useless - all
photos will be Before Tomorrow, or none After Tomorrow (or Equal to
Tomorrow). And going to Today can be executed with button on the left
from input field.

m.

ps. I see kdatepicker stuff is in digiKam directory so changes are
    possible.