[Digikam-devel] Preparing 0.9.0 beta1

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Apr 3 20:06:14 BST 2006

Le Dimanche 2 Avril 2006 20:00, Caulier Gilles a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> If all is ok for you, we can plan to make a first 0.9.0-beta1 release
> during May. Let's me resume all pending tasks to do before :
>
> digiKam
> ----------
>
> My tasks :
>
> - Polishing and optimizing DMetadata (I'm working on)

done in svn.

> - Add new option on metadata setup to set IPTC tags to identify
> photographers informations. Code under finalization on my computer. (I'm
> working on)

Done in svn

> - CameraGUI : add new option to set date&Time Exif tags dunring
> download if camera don't set it properlly. Close B.K.O file entries
> accordinly. (I'm working on).

Done in svn

> - Finalize workflow of embedded ICC profile RAW file.

TODO.

> Paco :
>
> - Finalize screen ICC color corrections.
>
> Marcel, there are some tasks to do if you is interressed :
>
> - Add dcraw program detection at startup (simple).
> - Add interraction between Comments & tags sidebar tab from main interface
> and image editor Comments & tags sidebar tab, if the both are open at the
> same time. (medium)
> - Add Exif support on TIFF/EP Metadata loader (hard).

Marcel, i forget to say that we need to polish Dimg API about metadata. Since
we use DMetadata to load and store Exif/Iptc, all embedded text are obsolete
for example. All DImg::loader need to be fixed too, especially save methods.
I will take a look indeep the code and report all points that need to be
fixed.