[Digikam-devel] Concept release announcements.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Thu Sep 22 20:08:17 BST 2005

Hi,

These are the announcements I want to sent. Any objections?

***** Warning *****************************
*
*   The tarballs are ready for testing, but
*   if nobody tests them, I
*   could upload broken packages:
*
*  http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/kipirelease/
*  http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/0.8.0/

(new is the digikamimageplugins beta 2 tarball, on request of achim)

I will upload all 5 tarballs to sf on sunday and sent all announcements out.

Tom

--------------- KIPI & Co.

The kipi-team is pleased to announce the release candidate of the kipi-plugins
and new releases of libkipi and libkexif.

<< News kipi-plugins >>
Kipi-plugins are plugins which you can use in digiKam, KimDaBa, Showimg and
Gwenview, they provide all kinds of export and manipulation tools for your
images. From the previous beta version we have fixed a major amount of bugs,
and we would now like to have feedback so we can squash the remaining bugs.

New in this version is the flickr upload plugin: you can now easily upload
your images to the flickr server. Sendimages now has support for Thunderbird
and GmailAgent. We fixed numerous bugs in the CDArchiving plugin, it should
work fine again with K3b. Rename images had some issues, we rewrote the user
interface and fixed several bugs. The weekdays of the calendar were not
localized. We fixed the ImagesGallery, so you can export multiple tags to a
html-page. You can now rotate or flip your images lossless, while preserving
the timestamp. The rawconverter now supports dcraw>=6.x.