[Digikam-devel] default tags.

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:26:01 BST 2005

>>I could not find the code for inserting the default tags (people, tags,
>>places) for a new database. Is this removed intentionally for 0.8?
>

> It was in albumdb.cpp. Dunno why Renchi removed it.

there were some issues when a fresh upgrade was being done from a 0.7 db
to a 0.8 db; the existing tags in the 0.7 tags would conflict with the
0.8 ones. additionally, there were always complaints that the default
tags are meaningless for most users and they will just end up deleting
them and creating fresh new tags more suitable for their use.

renchi