[Digikam-devel] Memory corruption in svn head

Craig Howard digikam at choward.ca
Tue Sep 6 20:27:56 BST 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 02:20, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Le Mardi 06 Septembre 2005 01:38 AM, Craig Howard a écrit :
> > I'm seeing a crash caused by a detection of memory corruption.  I ran
> > digikam in gdb and got the following backtrace.  I'm using gcc 4.0 on a
> > debian unstable.  I've built all of kde from svn using kdesvn-build.  My
> > digikam directory is on an NFS share and contains a few GB of images.
>
> I thinks this problem is relevant of albums database shared on a remote
> NFS. Can you try to create on your system a local albums database and check
> if this problem exist again ?

I moved my db to my local drive and updated ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc but
the crash still occurs on program load.  On load it's trying to display
images that match one of my tags.

The next step is probably to delete the .db files and try regenerating them,
but that will make me lose my tags won't it?
--

Craig Howard