[Digikam-devel] digikam db update

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 03:52:39 BST 2005

> you didn't answer my question :). digikam is supposed to automatically pick
> up new files and folders when it is running.
>
> renchi
Sharing my experience in this regard, I was copying files through
konqueror in Digikam Photo Directory with digikam open, It was nice to
see the photos being automatically added to Digikam, suddenly I
deleted one of the folder that was partially copied ( I realized that
the folder was not of use) and I think digikam got confused...
At that time my computer frooze, which I guess was because of an
endless while loop waiting for the folder to get copied or something.

Also OT but a similar freeze was seen by me when while importing
photos from my Camera Digikam froze. I later realized that the camera
just didn't have enough battery and was turning off automatically.
Probably digikam was waiting for the photos to come and they were not
coming ,Could this lead to some endless waiting loop eating up all my
CPU?

Vardhman
PS: Creating similar situation might be more difficult than checking
if the code lacks a 'read timeout' case in both the situations.